10 Ways To Encourage Creativity in Your Team
As the new year takes hold, I believe you should let your creative juices flowing.
Creativity in a Team
I believe however that the most creative ideas or good business ideas don’t only come from one person, but from a team of people who work together to come up with something todally unique. A team is able to share their different life experiences and talents, and all of these can be fused together to create a new idea.
Creativity Must Be Encouraged
Just now, I’ve thought of 10 different ways that you can encourage creativity in your team. Here they are!
- Brainstorm – Allow brainstorming sessions with your team
- Listen to New Ideas – Let your team members voice their opinions openly
- Teamwork – Build a team who work together in a spirit of harmony
- Write Down Creative Ideas – Use a whiteboard or pen and paper to write down your thoughts
- The Creative Habit – Hold consistent creative meetings so that your team form a habit of creativity
- Use Pictures – Use diagrams, flow charts and mind maps to express your opinions
- Take Action! – Take your team on an adventure outside the office
- Try Something New – Change your office “routine” every so often so that people don’t get bored and complacent
- Visualize Creativity – Use colorful and decorative images and words that inspire creativity
- Set the Bar – Be creative yourself and set an example. Be a little crazy!… once in a while =)
Share Your Tips on Building Creativity
What are some ways that you are going to encourage creativity to build upon good business ideas in your team?