Wow! A year has passed since I last updated my language learning progress on my blog.
Even so, I actually haven’t stopped learning languages.
Language Learning Highlights Over the Past 12 Months
Here are some of the biggest things I’ve done in terms of language learning over the past 12 months.
- I have added and learned the top 2,880 of the most frequent words in Spanish, using Anki.
- I did the 30 Day Speaking Challenge in Spanish
- In May of this year, I did my second attempt of the DELE B2 exam. I’ll find out my results around August.
- I’ve now been doing a lot of extensive reading and listening via audiobooks, podcasts, Youtuve videos, movies and books
- I began working for the language learning app startup – Fluent Forever, so I’ve been working alongside Gabriel Wyner, the best-selling author and polyglot from the US
What Languages Am I Focusing On Now?
My target languages continue to be Spanish and Chinese.
I have taken Spanish very far. The farthest that I have ever taken a language, and I don’t want to stop the momentum. I really want to see how far I can take it. I’ve been using Fluent Forever methods to learn it, and I’m so enthralled that I am actually now working for the company!!!!!!!! Working with and learning from Gabe has just been awesome!
I have been slowly growing Chinese, since I am currently living in Taiwan, but still quite slow compared to Spanish.
I want to learn other languages too such as French and Tagalog. These ones I want to relearn but now using the Fluent Forever methods. However, I am holding myself back on them for now because I still want to make sure that my Spanish and Chinese are at a really advanced level.
My Language Learning Goals Over the Next 12 Months
- Continue doing a lot of extensive reading and listening in Spanish
- I now want to learn the top 7,500 most frequent words of Spanish
- I’m quite confident that I passed the Spanish DELE B2 exam, and so my new plan is to pass the DELE C1 exam!
- Learn Zhuyin (Bopomofo) in Chinese, as I’m reading Chinese Children’s books to my daughter