From leaders in business, leaders in politics, to leaders in the home: Your personality affects your leadership style and your overall business ideas.
Global Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship
As I began reading the book, From Manager to Visionary, by Kille, it became clear to me that even global leaders direct their organisations based on their own inner personality.
One of the main reasons that I purchased this book was because it does combine the two major themes of this website: 1) global leadership development, and 2) social entrepreneurship.
What better way to learn leadership than from the historic leaders of one of the largest humanitarian and international development organizations in the world – the United Nations.
Through the analysis of the inner qualities of the Secretaries-General of the United Nations, Kille aims to show that even those who have great influence in our world, are constrained or grow by the extent of their individual character.
Personally, I like the idea that Kille had the audacity to apply this line of thinking to global leaders. He points out that not many before him had gone and analysed the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals who held the seat of Secretary-General.
6 of Your Personal Traits That You Can Measure
Kille uses an interesting method to measure global leaders and their personalities, in order to determine their leadership style.
He suggests that for each leadership style (manager, visionary, strategist), there comes with it a set of personal characteristics. You can examine yourself and other leaders and determine their style, if you first examine their personal characteristics.
The main components of a global leader’s personal characteristics are:
- Responsivity – Sensitivity to context and analytical capability?
- Belief That Can Influence – Perceive self as capable of influencing events?
- Need for Recognition – Unwilling to relinquish control and work behind the scenes without credit?
- Need for Relationships – Desire to maintain good personal relationships?
- Organizational Values – Strong attachment to and desire to defend the organizations values?
- Problem-Solving Emphasis – Emphasize completing tasks over interpersonal concerns?
Leadership That Comes From Within
Kille goes on to provide detailed examples of how these characteristics are shown in the lives and experiences of the UN Chiefs, but I think for you, these 6 characteristics can be a starting point for your own leadership and social entrepreneurship.
Check out the book From Manager to Visionary by Kille today!
Update: Click here to figure out how you can examine your personal characteristics to determine your leadership style (Manager, Visionary or Strategist?).
Watch the Social Entrepreneurship Video Course by Matthew Alberto + BonusesWant to Learn More About Social Entrepreneurship?
Learn from Matthew Alberto over 14 weeks about Social Entrepreneurship and how you can make a difference while making money.
BONUSES: 1) Also, get Matthew's business plan that earned his social enterprise $24,000+ in government grants;
2) Get Matthew's bonus video pitch & application form that got him $40,000+ funding from the world's largest incubator
3) Watch Matthew's investor pitch at a Demo Day, which got his social enterprise a valuation of over $1,000,000, plus more funding over $80,000 from a venture accelerator
Click here to watch Matthew Alberto's Social Entrepreneurship Video Course now + Get the Bonuses!