As the new year takes hold, I believe you should let your creative juices flowing.
Creativity in a Team
I believe however that the most creative ideas or good business ideas don’t only come from one person, but from a team of people who work together to come up with something todally unique. A team is able to share their different life experiences and talents, and all of these can be fused together to create a new idea.
Creativity Must Be Encouraged
Just now, I’ve thought of 10 different ways that you can encourage creativity in your team. Here they are!
- Brainstorm – Allow brainstorming sessions with your team
- Listen to New Ideas – Let your team members voice their opinions openly
- Teamwork – Build a team who work together in a spirit of harmony
- Write Down Creative Ideas – Use a whiteboard or pen and paper to write down your thoughts
- The Creative Habit – Hold consistent creative meetings so that your team form a habit of creativity
- Use Pictures – Use diagrams, flow charts and mind maps to express your opinions
- Take Action! – Take your team on an adventure outside the office
- Try Something New – Change your office “routine” every so often so that people don’t get bored and complacent
- Visualize Creativity – Use colorful and decorative images and words that inspire creativity
- Set the Bar – Be creative yourself and set an example. Be a little crazy!… once in a while =)
Share Your Tips on Building Creativity
What are some ways that you are going to encourage creativity to build upon good business ideas in your team?
Get monthly Successful Social Entrepreneurship Report by Matthew Alberto in your inboxWant to Learn More About Social Entrepreneurship?
Learn from successful social entrepreneurs.
Click here to be a member of Matthew's Social Entrepreneurship Series now!